Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

[4.0.1] Not Your Dad's Soothe Animal...


So, there I was, running through Sethekk Halls for, oh I don't know, the 120th time?  I was hitting that first stair, where I usually pop out of Prowl (Cat version of Stealth) and look for that Cobalt Serpent that always wanders up there.  And, as usual, I cast Soothe Animal on him, and just like the last time I was here, he attacks me instead of ignoring me.

This gets me thinking, something along the lines of "WTF? Did I actually get close enough?  Did I accidentally Moonfire him?!"  Now, if you actually moused over the Soothe Animal link above, you probably have a hint.  It doesn't exist anymore.  In fact, it's now just Soothe.  You see, it's changed...

So, we have gone from a spell that reduces the aggro range on Beasts to a spell that removes Enrage effects.

The first important lesson here is don't be dumb like me and cast Soothe, and expect the Cobalt Serpent to ignore you. The second, and more important, lesson is that Druids can now help us deal with Enraged critters.  Good news for helping out with Shambling Horrors.  No, not the Level 8 ones in Tirisfal Glades, but the ones in the Lich King fight with their oh, so annoying Enrage.

Good news for the raid leader, bad news for Feral Druids (psst, that's me) since it's a Nature spell.   That means that unless you are a Moonkin (Balance spec Druid), you are going to be shifted back to your default humanoid form to cast it.

As a Tank, I will likely not be called upon to use it.  Cats, beware...

No comments: